Friday, May 16, 2014

Sykesville Monster

The Sykesville Monster is the name given to a reported Bigfoot-like creature that allegedly stalked Sykesville, Gaither and surrounding cities in Maryland in late 1972 through 1973. Further sightings were reported in 1981, 1993 and 1998. The creature was described as being a naked male, 7-8 ft tall, covered in dark brown fur, and having a very foul stench. Additional reports suggest the creature may have had it's lower body caked in mud. Several witnesses claimed the monster resembled representations of a more primitive form of man, such as a Neanderthal. Interestingly, prints from the alleged creature were examined by one Dr. Ted Roth who identified them as belonging to a very large, human foot, being 13 inches long and 7 inches wide. Some have suggested the creature was actually an escaped mental patient from the nearby Springfield State Hospital. What makes this case very unique is the claim of witnesses that an outright manhunt, with possible Fed involvement, was implemented in order to find and capture the beast. The Sykesville Monster was featured on a segment of the show, Monsters & Mysteries in America.




http://www.bigfootencounters.com/articles/sykesville.htm

http://frontiersofzoology.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-sykesville-monster-early-man-bigfoot.html

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-sykesville-monster-on-destination.html

2 comments:

andrew lopata said...

I was there. Why doesn't anyone respond? I saw guts all over a piece of stone and hanging in the branches. My Uncle Tony made the call to find something down by the lake that killed a dog and I saw it bulldozing through his woods towards me in either that day or the next. They wouldn't tell us.

His daughter still owns hundreds of acres and will talk to me about it because I have pictures with her brother.

andrew lopata said...

I was there. Why doesn't anyone respond? I saw guts all over a piece of stone and hanging in the branches. My Uncle Tony made the call to find something down by the lake that killed a dog and I saw it bulldozing through his woods towards me in either that day or the next. They wouldn't tell us.

His daughter still owns hundreds of acres and will talk to me about it because I have pictures with her brother.

It was not a naked male. It was like an aggressive something that literally pushed though brush, small trees and aggressively tried to warn off the 3 boxers with me. It was not aggressive towards me but after the dogs. Still, I crapped my pants when it came towards us. It was like a bulldozer.

Search This Blog