What Is Your Favorite Aspect Of Halloween?

Monday, September 19, 2011

Book Review - Good Magic

The book is, Good Magic by Marina Medici.

I am delighted that I was able to recently obtain a copy of this book. I had purchased this book back in 1994 and then either lost it, or it was stolen, or I may have accidentally given it away circa 1997.

The book is a guide for beginners and for those new to magic and spell work. This book is perhaps one of the better guides for beginners as it gives the basic run-down of magical workings. Everything from casting a circle to using candle magic, the properties of herbs, roots, crystals and stones, divination, and even creative visualization, is covered. Additionally the book is filled with beautiful photography that will inspire readers and hopefully put them in a magical mood.

I take issue with only two things with regard to the book, the first being that the book is very new-age heavy. The second issue I have is that the instructions on cleansing and the type of clothing has no real bearing on doing magic. For example, one doesn't have to bathe before performing a ritual, nor does one must wear clothing made from natural fibers such as cotton or silk. One can definitely bathe or shower before doing work if one chooses, but it's not necessary for successful magic. Likewise, one can choose to wear only clothing made from natural fibers but the success of the magic is not based on what you wear.

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest, I give this book a 9. What I can't accurately rank is the joy of remembering myself reading the book back in 1994. It's almost like reliving the experience, and for that I am much thankful.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Loading...