Monday, August 8, 2011

St. Expedite

St. Expedite, a.k.a. St. Expeditus, (pronounced Saint Ex-pe-deet or Ex-pe-dee-tus) is an obscure and unofficial Catholic saint associated with the fast granting of help or petitions. For images of St. Expedite, click HERE.

Not much is known of the life of the saint but according to legend he was a Roman Centurion who was martyred via decapitation in the early second century over his conversion to Christianity. What can be said to be false are the stories or legends that the devotion to St. Expedite began as a group of nuns who received a package with the relics of an unlabelled saint and who subsequently confused the word "spedito" on the crate for being the name of the saint. This legend in all it's forms is completely false.

In folk magic and especially in the practice of Hoodoo, St. Expedite is invoked when quick results are needed. This use is reflective in the iconography of the saint who is shown holding a cross with the word "Hodi", Latin for "Today", and with a raven underfoot with a banner in it's mouth reading "Cras", Latin for "Tomorrow". In effect, St. Expedite doesn't put off for tomorrow what can be accomplished today. The rest of the saint's iconography details his life. He is dressed as a Roman Centurion and carries in his hand a palm leaf, signifying him as a martyr. The rich red cloak he wears is believed to be the origin of why the color red is said to be his favorite color.

When working with St. Epedite in Hoodoo and folk magic, it's important to know certain information. Below one will find some information and tips that may prove helpful to individuals who have never worked with St. Expedite. Remember that in Hoodoo and in folk magic the saints are who they are. It's not like in Voodou or Santeria where the saint represents an African deity or spirit. In Hoodoo or folk magic the saints are who they are, spirits of the blessed dead who agree to intercede on behalf of the living.

Tips For Working With St. Expedite

1.) St. Expedite's favorite colors are red, yellow, and white.
2.) St. Epedite's number is three when offering him small items like coins or candy.
3.) St. Expedite's days of the week are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
4.) St. Expedite's Feast Day is April 19.
5.) St. Expedite's is a "hot" spirit, which is why he works so fast. This means he is quick to anger and to take offense. Treat him with respect and by all means keep your promise to him if he fulfills your petition. According to lore, if you are foolish enough not to keep your end of the bargain then St. Expedite will take the life of one of your family members as payment.
6.) Because St. Expedite was beheaded he is believed to be somewhat dim-witted, as in "he lost his head". This means that one has to be very careful to word their petition specifically to describe what they want happen. Otherwise St. Expedite will get confused. For example, If I were to petition St. Expedite and tell him that I want a girl friend to stop cheating then he may respond by making her get into a car accident where she's paralysed below the waste and can no longer receive any sexual satisfaction. Or worse, he may kill her. So please make sure to correctly and specifically word the petition to thoroughly communicate, without any confusion, what you wish to happen.
7.) St. Expedite can be petitioned for both white or black magic purposes. He will destroy your enemies. He will even do nasty things to people who truly don't deserve it, if petitioned. Once again, it's because he lost his head.
8.) To petition St. Expedite one will need either an image of the saint, be it a statue or a picture. If one is using a novena candle with an image of St. Expedite then no other image is necessary. One will need a red, yellow, or white candle. Once again, if using a novena candle then this is not necessary. One will need St. Expedite Oil, Holy Oil, All Saint's Oil, or Olive Oil to dress the candle.  One will need St. Expedite Incense or Frankincense to burn as well. Finally, one will need a glass of water left out for the saint. A workspace will be needed to set these object up on. Cleanse the workspace with Florida Water, Rubbing Alcohol, or Whisky.
9.) When petitioning St. Expedite one will need to say a prayer. This prayer can be from the heart or it can be a standard prayer, such as the one below:

"Saint Expedite, you who lay in rest. I come to you and humbly ask for the granting of my desire. (State Your Desire) Expedite now what I ask of you. Expedite now what I want of you, Immediately this very second. Quickly, don't waste another day! Grant me my desire. I know your power, I know you because of your work. Do this for me and I will (Make Your Promise). Saint Expedite, expedite this wish!"

10.) Let the candle burn out and place the ingredients in the empty glass novena. If not using a novena then wrap the ingredients up with foil. Take them to the crossroads and set them down and walk away and don't look back.
11.) If St. Expedite grants your request then I advise you to quickly fulfill your vow or promise. Remember, he gets angry fast. Don't put it off.
12.) Do not offer St. Expedite pound cake or liquor in advance of fulfilling the petition. If you do that then he will consider it "job well done". Meaning he got his reward and you got nothing.
13.) St. Expedites's favorite offerings include flowers, pound cake, coins, and liquor. I've found he also likes hot sweet things like cinnamon candy. Some people offer him peppers too.
14.) There is a belief that St. Expedite only likes Sarah Lee pound cake. This is not true. You can offer him that if you want, but you can buy other brands or make it yourself as well. To prepare his pound cake you need to stick a stick or taper candle in it as well as three coins. Some people slice the cake and put a coin on each slice. Other people only offer St. Expedite one slice and then stick the candle in the middle of that slice, but I think that's rather rude. I give him the whole cake. So you stick the candle and the coins into the cake and you light the candle. You are going to say that it is done in fulfillment of your vow to St. Expedite. When the candle has extinguished itself naturally, take the cake out to a place in nature for the animals to eat it. Otherwise you can leave it out for period of days, some say three but others claim nine days. It's up to you.
15.) You can petition St. Expedite for anything, however big or small.
16.) If St. Expedite works for you then spread his fame by telling at least one other person.

SaintExpedite.org

Saint Expedite

Saint Expedite

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank You saint expedite for the $100 and the 2 new clients

Anonymous said...

When you say liquor what do you man exactly? Like whiskey wine? What in your experience is best?

DocConjure said...

@ Anonymous,

Liquor is the strong drinks, not like the lower alcohol-content beverages like beer. Whiskey is liquor. Wine is generaly not percieved as being liquor. I can tell you from experience that St. Expedite likes whiskey and rum.

Also, if you are the same anonymous above that wrote "Thank you" to St. Expedite then you need to be aware that you make your promise at the start of working with the saint, not afterwards. So in the future you don't just state that you will make an offering, you have to be specific, like I will burn you 3 novenas, or I will give you 7 shots of whisky, or a 1 poundcake, etc.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Saint Expedite! Your swift assistance is very much appreciated. I will glorify your name forever!

Anonymous said...

Hello. I have been praying to saint expedite for the 5th day and I still have not heard from him. The past 4 days the candle has been burning high and clean without any wax residue but this morning the wick was buried in wax so does that mean my desire will not be granted? Do I still need to allow the candle burn until the 9th day? And if Saint Expedite cant deliver my desire will I still need to give him his offerings? It's my first time working with St.Expedite and does this mean I have to get to know him first for the 1st 7-9 days and still pray for my request?

Kim M said...

Thank you, Saint Expedite, for helping me and my husband. To you, all love, honor, respect, reverence and gratitude!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Saint Expedite for your swift response. Because of you, I was able to take care pressing financial needs. With utmost respect and appreciation. <3

Anonymous said...

Thank you St Expeditr and St Jude for all of your help!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Saint Expedite. You are wonderful as always!

Anonymous said...

GLORIA A ST ESPEDITO! QUESTO E' UN RINGRAZIAMENTO PUBBLICO : HO CHIESTO IL GIORNO 19 APRILE 2013 AIUTO PER UNA STUDENTESSA, LEI DOVEVA SUPERARE UN'ESAME PER UNIVERSITA' MOLTO DIFFICILE, CON 5000 PARTECIPANTI!
SOLO 300 CIRCA POTEVANO VINCERE QUESTO ESAME.
OGGI, 30 MAGGIO 2013 E' ARRIVATA LA GRANDE GRAZIA DAL SANTO, E' DAVVERO INCREDIBILE, LA RAGAZZA HA VINTO L'ESAME.GRAZIE PER QUESTO MIRACOLO ST ESPEDITO, VOGLIO DIFFONDERE QUESTA NOTIZIA IN TUO ONORE, GRAZIE GRAZIE GRAZIE!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so very much my genuine friend for accommodating my request to pay my rent on time in this past troubling month... You seem to always answer my petition and for that I am forever grateful and will always show gratitude and appreciation, bless it be.

Anonymous said...

Dear St. Expedite. I am in desperate need for a financial miracle before the end of this week. Please help me and in return I will publish my thanks to you in our local newspaper.I will also get a pound cake for you
Thank you
Marie

Anonymous said...

thank you so much ST Expedite....always always taking care of me...

Anonymous said...

NON RIESCO ANCORA A CREDERE QUELLO CHE ST ESPEDITO HA FATTO PER ME IN MENO DI 24 ORE!!!

HO IMPOSTATO IERI SERA L'ALTARE CON IL SUO SANTINO, CON CANDELA ROSSA,3 MONETINE, BICCHIERE DI ACQUA E LA MIA PREGHIERA SCRITTASU CARTA MARRONE: HO PREGATO SIA L'ORAZIONE IN SPAGNOLO E POI HO HO PREGATO PER LA MIA URGENZA COSI' GRANDE...PENSATE AMICI MIEI,IL MIO LAVORO E' FERMO DA MESI E FRA 3 GIORNI DEVO PAGARE L'AFFITTO DI CASA: COSA E' SUCCESSO? STAMATTINA IL MIO TELEFONO HA RIPRESO A SQUILLARE!!! UN VECCHIO CLIENTE SI E' FATTO VIVO E DUE NUOVI CLIENTI...MA ANCORA NON E' FINITA: UNA PERSONA CHE MI DOVEVA DEI SOLDI DA TEMPO E NON SI FACEVA TROVARE HA ACCREDITATO STASERA SUL MIO CONTO QUASI TUUTA LA CIFRA PER PAGARE IL MIO AFFITTO...
E' INCREDIBILE, RIPETO, ABBIATE FEDE TUTTI AMICI, E VEDRETE CHE VI AIUTERA': NON DIMENTICATE DI DARE A LUI QUELLO CHE AVETE PROMESSO!!!
DOMANI IO OFFRIRO' TORTA, VINO ROSSO BUONO, E FIORI ROSSI FRESCHI,METTERO' QUESTA ULTERIORE TESTIMONIANZA ANCHE SU ALTRI BLOG...

***GLORIA A ST ESPEDITO!***

LA SUA BENEDIZIONE E LA SUA POTENZA POSSANO AIUTARE TUTTI VOI,SE NON CI CREDETE PROVATE E VEDRETE CHE SEMPRE SUCCEDE QUALCOSA! PREGO PER VOI TUTTI

S.M ( Italia)

scratch888 said...

thank you st. expedite for granting my petitions, i have a new one and trust you so much!

corine said...

Thank you Saint Expedite so much. Truly a blessing! Because of you, I'm able to take care of my financial burden. I will honor you forever. Hope you enjoyed my offerings.

Anonymous said...

Saint Expidite help me in emergency needs.He help me in so many ways,words can't express.Thank you Saint Expidite.

Anonymous said...

Thank you St. Expedite

Anonymous said...

Thank you st expedite for your intercession in landing me a new job. Thank u from the bottom of my heart and glory to you oh generous saint.

Jennifer Friedman said...

Thank you At Expedite you really cane through for me in my time of need. I will forever be grateful for your help, it means so much to me.

Anonymous said...

ThAnk you saint expedite for your help earlier this month- my survival depends on it- so please please forgive me for being a little late with your red wine and red flowers... I will add them to the pound cake as soon as I am able---

Anonymous said...

Thank you St. Expedite for bringing me someone who cares for me deeply. I originally petitioned for someone else which didn't work out. But with your intercession you brought a wonderful, sweet, caring guy who appreciates me for me. He's devoted, romantic and everything I could ever wanted. Thank you from the bottom of my heart and Love to you Saint Expedite.

Search This Blog

Loading...