Friday, April 30, 2010

Happy Walpurgisnacht!

Tonight is Walpurgisnacht, the night where witches soar the skies and goblins, and ghouls of all sorts roam the land.

Remember, no drinking and flying!

I think I'll celebrate the night by rewatching a favorite witch movie, The Craft.




THE GOOD WITCH

Candles, Incense
I'm visiting the good witch.
The darkness is falling,
-it's time for magic.

Old One, Enchantress
Make me an amulet
with dragon's blood and henbane
to ensure the darkest art.

Black Hat, Black Cat
I'm riding your broom to the Sabbat.
Rub the ointment in, I want to fly.

I want to soar,
to hover,
take to me a demon lover and
dance with faeries the night away.

We'll sing our spells and incantations
and mortals will follow with lamentations
for this is the way of our kind.

Should they catch me,
I shall tell them,
"I'm visiting the good witch",
and I shall never disclose our secrets
even when burning.

-Jason Gammon

No comments:

Search This Blog